• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salvage Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desandstefan

2 years ago, I bought a used truck, and the dealership never mentioed anything about it being in an accident or anything. Well, we have had nothing but problems with it since we got it. Just a few months ago, I did a carfax.com report and it came up showing that a salvage certificate was issued to it about a year before we bought it. My husband just had an accident with it last week, and it's totaled now. What I was wondering is, is there anything I can do about the dealership never mentioning to me that it was in a wreck or whatever before? Can I make them pay anything for all the money that we had to put into it to repair it? As of right now, my insurance covered all but 600 of what was left to pay on the truck. Is there any way that I can make the dealerhsip pay that and give us $$ towards a new or used car?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What i offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

What state are you from?

Did you buy the car as is? or did it come with a warranty?

If there were misrepresentations made about the car, then you can possibly get your money back.

How about this? Try http://www.bbb.com (better business bureau)

D

desandstefan

Lawrat, I bought the truck in NY as a used vehicle. It came with a 1 year warranty that covered the drivetrain and some other parts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">