• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salvage Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nor

What is the name of your state? calfornia
Can the insurance co. put a salvage title on my truck, when the damage was to an after market product. i.e. utilitity bed. What if it was a built on camper? The settelment was to replace the bed, but they wont recind the salvage title from the D.M.V.what can I do?
From the begining, i was in a parking lot, when a car hit me broadside. AAA said my truck was totaled, and offered me $2300. I refused the offer,reminding them that the truck was not damaged only the utility bed had damage, and it was an after market add-on. i gave them the price of a new bed around $6000. I told them i would settle for $5ooo which they paid me. then when i went to regster my truck it had a salvage order on it. I call them they tell me its irreversible and im out of luck.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? calfornia
Can the insurance co. put a salvage title on my truck, when the damage was to an after market product. i.e. utilitity bed. What if it was a built on camper? The settelment was to replace the bed, but they wont recind the salvage title from the D.M.V.what can I do?
Give us a clue what you are talking about.

Start from the beginning and work forward.

FlyingRon

Once an insurance company pays you off for a totalled vehicle, the vehicle is theirs to salvage. The fact you got any sort of title back is just them being kind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">