• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Same Insurance Co. Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lynn Marie

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was parked legally and a van backed up and slammed into my Van. Then the driver left the scene of accident and parked his van 4 buildings down and went into his apartment. We called the police and the wife of the owner of the van came out and claimed the van had been stolen the night before. She didnt know who was driving it.The Husband refused to come outside. They never reported the van stolen. Well it turns out we carry the same insurance. I dont have comp and collision..but they do. The insurance co. said my van was totaled. Now they wont pay because they said thier van was stolen. They said there may now be a auto theft report..after the accident! I also dont feel like the insurance co is doing anything for me.I am the victim. If I were with a different insurance co. I am sure someone would be fighting for me. Seems theres a conflict of interest. I also found a witness that said thier van was there at thier resident all morning. Can they really deny me?

teflon_jones

You should outline all of these facts clearly in a letter and mail it certified return receipt (CMRRR) to the insurance company, and also contact the BBB, the state insurance board, and the state attorney general's office. That may get them moving on your claim.

Lynn Marie

teflon_jones said:
You should outline all of these facts clearly in a letter and mail it certified return receipt (CMRRR) to the insurance company, and also contact the BBB, the state insurance board, and the state attorney general's office. That may get them moving on your claim.

I sent the police report and my statement. I was also denied use of rental car.

Lynn Marie

teflon_jones said:

Thank you I will do that..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">