• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School bus hit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrsbennett7502

What is the name of your state? ME
I am a teacher and I was on a bus taking my kids to a conference when a van hit us. Unfortunately for me there were no seatbelts on the bus. He claims he bent over to pick up a tissue. Well, he ended up in our lane and the bus driver swerved to avoid a head-on collision. He side-swiped the bus rolling us into the woods on our side. My head went through a window (through safety glass). I had multiple places on my face that needed stitches. They are healing but will leave lasting scars. I have neck issues, post-concussion eye issues, and PTSD due to the accident & the fact that one of my students died in the accident. Workman's comp. is taking care of my doctor bills, medication, & mileage to & from doctor visits but should I get a lawyer to pursue this further? Am I entitled to more than the compensation I am receiving through the workman's comp.?

ecmst12

You are entitled to recover from the driver but unless he has very high limits on his policy, you may not be able to actually collect. I *think* the auto coverage would come before workers comp too so you may be required to pay them back anything they spent out of your settlement (if you get one). But consult a lawyer anyway; never bad to do some research. Besides, you should probably get a lawyer just for your WC claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">