• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scratched side of car at drive thru (no light, no yellow paint on the pole)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

autumn_in_TX

State: Texas

Hi,

About a year ago, I went to Jack in the box drive thru at night. It was lightly raining and the drive thru area was pretty dark. the speaker to order your food was located in the corner and when I drove in, I scratched the side of my car really badly on a pole that was standing infront of the speaker. It was black, was NOT placed inside a curve, was just standing there by itself. Even after I scratched my car, I couldn't tell what caused it because I just couldn't see the pole!

I talked to the attendant but off course, she didn't care. She told me to come back when the manager was present. I really wanted to sue but was afraid that I might have to spend more money for it than the repair. The huge dent is still there as I can't really afford fixing it.

Please advice.

Thank you!

T

tooldtocare

This is the reason TX. rates are so high for my 2 kids with no accidents and no tickets and great grades, because people don't recognize their own culpability and want to sue for anything and everything. I hope your rates skyrocket (like mine) and you don't get a dime out of Jack in the Box. Pick me for your civil jury.

A

autumn_in_TX

It has got nothing to do with your tax. And maybe someday you will know how I feel when your kid comes home crying with his very first car dented so bad because of some idiot failed to follow the laws.

T

tooldtocare

Inattention to detail is what causes accidents. Taxes were never mentioned. TX. insurrance rates were. Perhaps there in lies the problem. Is that a pole of a different color?:D

B

Boxcarbill

autumn_in_TX said:
State: Texas

Hi,

About a year ago, I went to Jack in the box drive thru at night. It was lightly raining and the drive thru area was pretty dark. the speaker to order your food was located in the corner and when I drove in, I scratched the side of my car really badly on a pole that was standing infront of the speaker. It was black, was NOT placed inside a curve, was just standing there by itself. Even after I scratched my car, I couldn't tell what caused it because I just couldn't see the pole!

I talked to the attendant but off course, she didn't care. She told me to come back when the manager was present. I really wanted to sue but was afraid that I might have to spend more money for it than the repair. The huge dent is still there as I can't really afford fixing it.

Please advice.

Thank you!
You, in a moving vehicle, hit a stationary object.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">