• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Second MVA, need to change lawyers now...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickatie

What is the name of your state? WA

Was just in my second MVA. First accident, on 3/17/04, I was rear ended while stopped and suffered many injuries. I was just rear ended again on Tuesday 10/26, taken to the hospital.

I called my lawyer to get information. I've been thinking about changing for a while and am now convinced I really need to change lawyers. I've only used lawyers for buisiness matters so I have no experience with things like this. What happens if I change lawyers in the middle of this case? Accident cases are on a contingency basis so how does he bill me?

My next question would be what should I look for in a lawyer? I'm sure there are certain questions that should be common sense to ask but with this second accident thrown into the mix, I don't know what to expect.

BlondeIntel

rickatie said:
My next question would be what should I look for in a lawyer?
I am not a lawyer, so I am answering this question from a consumer's point of view.

First, look for a lawyer who specializes in the area of law that covers your problem. In this case you need a lawyer who specializes in accident claims. Next, get an initial consultation and listen carefully to what he or she says and how he/she says it. Can you understand him/her? Is this lawyer willing to explain the parts that you don't understand? If you were in a jury, would you trust what this person is telling you?

If you can't answer those last two questions with "yes", call another lawyer and try again.

R

rickatie

Any lawyer out there that would like to respond, please?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">