• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self Driving truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zoo_mom

What is the name of your state? : Arkansas

My husbad's truck decided to drive itself across our town's walmart parking lot. :eek:

My husband was ticketed because he did not have his parking brake set. His truck is a standard that popped out of gear, rolled through two lanes of spaces, and bumped into an SUV.

:confused: How in the world can he be ticketed on private property? :confused:

Thanks for any valuable advice that can be administered.

seniorjudge

Q: How in the world can he be ticketed on private property?

A: My husband was ticketed because he did not have his parking brake set. His truck is a standard that popped out of gear, rolled through two lanes of spaces, and bumped into an SUV.

zoo_mom

Private Property

I understand that I an posing a inquiry here, but it was my understanding that in the state of Arkansas, private property is just that. Also, it happens to be a "no-fault" state.

xylene

The states interest are over private property too

He can be ticketed on private property.

I am not sure what you are confused about.

ecmst12

The rules of the road apply whether you are on private property or not. Your husband was negligent and caused damage to other people's property. No Fault has nothing to do with property damage and is only related to injuries.

las365

Many years ago, my mother pulled out of our driveway, put her car in "park" and got out to get the newspaper. The car leapt into reverse and took off backwards down the street, jumped the curb, leveled a mailbox and crashed ass-first into a neighbor's dining room. No one was home.

My poor mom (I think she was in shock) left a note on their door and went to work, shrubbery waving from the bashed-in trunk of her car. She didn't talk to anyone about it until she got home that night and had a little meltdown.

Ford later had a recall because of the transmission problem that had caused this to happen.

I don't have any info for the OP, I just don't get to tell this story very often.

rag007

of course he can be ticketed on private property... y are you so astonished?
did u consult your lawyer?

zoo_mom

Thank you for the input. And for pointing out that no fault is injury only. The officer has since explained that if he (hubby) even bothers showing up for court instead on paying it out right, the judge will throw it out.

Poor Mom! She handled the ford in the dining room MUCH better than I would.

BTW we got footage of the truck driving itself. Hilarious!

Many years ago, my mother pulled out of our driveway, put her car in "park" and got out to get the newspaper. The car leapt into reverse and took off backwards down the street, jumped the curb, leveled a mailbox and crashed ass-first into a neighbor's dining room. No one was home.

My poor mom (I think she was in shock) left a note on their door and went to work, shrubbery waving from the bashed-in trunk of her car. She didn't talk to anyone about it until she got home that night and had a little meltdown.

Ford later had a recall because of the transmission problem that had caused this to happen.

I don't have any info for the OP, I just don't get to tell this story very often.
ROLF. Thank you for that!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">