• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Misrepresented the condition of car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doglvr

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I initially found this car on ebay; however, made the deal outside of ebay when the seller's time had expired. He represented the 2003 Taurus SE as used with 10,000 miles and still under warranty. He lives in Fort Lauderdale. I drove down there to look at the car with a boyfriend. It looked fine and drove fine so we closed the deal. The person I actually dealt with was working for his cousin who has a car lot.

The car has run well mechanically; however, I noticed that the doorhandle on the left passenger side was sticking. I took it in for warranty work to correct the sticking door and was informed by the dealership that the car had been wrecked and that the sticking door was as a result of the body shop not repairing it correctly. He showed me the inside of the door where where the car had been taped off to be painted. He also showed me some paint that was cracking by the radio antenna where the car had not been properly preped. Needless to say, those items would not be covered under warranty since it was due to a wreck. We contacted the seller to see if he would pay to have the car fixed and we have not heard from him. What are my rights?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Doglvr

racer72

What kind of warranty did the seller give you? Did you have the car inspected by a mechanic prior to making the purchase? Did you check the VIN with Carfax?

Who's Liable?

CarFAX will NOT show everything... All information supplied to CarFAX is voluntarily given, meaning that NO-ONE has to tell them(CarFAX) it was in an Accident...

teflon_jones

First of all, Carfax is a waste of money and rarely shows everything in the history of a vehicle.

What does your bill of sale say? How many days ago was the sale? Is there any warranty expressed in the sale?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">