• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Service center caused my car damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glennnb

What is the name of your state? ga

i took my car to a service center to have the oil changed they suggested i get my front and rear differential fluids flushed due to the fluid looking dirty an metal in it. 2 months after this service, while traveling to the airport my car began to smoke and a loud thump came from the car as wellas flames. i called the police and the fire dept. my car is now sitting at ford service center awaiting repairs. the original center denies fault to my car damages. i also foun that these fluids should not be flushed from the care per the manufacture hand book. i want my car repaired and the responsible party to pay for the damages. do i have a case and who should i contact for assistance.

JETX

"do i have a case"
*** Based on your post, no. Part of your problem is.... how do you PROVE that the work done TWO MONTHS earlier is the cause of the failure?? The second is... you seem to be implying that the service centers use of the term 'flush' shows that they were negligent. Did you see them actually DO the work?? Do you KNOW that what they did was negligent??

"and who should i contact for assistance."
*** You can certainly try contacting an attorney in your area.... but I predict he will offer the same advice.

G

glennnb

service center caused the damage to my car

i have taken the car to a certified service center for my car type. the mechanic there suggest that the differential fluids of the car not be flushed, only topped off. i thus checked the manufacture handbook which stated that the differential fluids should never be flushed thru the life of the car unless the car has been surmerged in water.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: service center caused the damage to my car

glennnb said:
i have taken the car to a certified service center for my car type. the mechanic there suggest that the differential fluids of the car not be flushed, only topped off. i thus checked the manufacture handbook which stated that the differential fluids should never be flushed thru the life of the car unless the car has been surmerged in water.

My response:

Are you having a difficult time seeing, and answering, JetX's questions?

IAAL

spawn_x

diff. fluids have absolutely NOTHING to do with a fire under the hood.

You have also failed to mention what the cause of the fire was - I'm sure it was investigated.

If it was low or no motor oil/gear oil then you would start to hear grinding and eventually the motor would just shut off, you would not get a fire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">