• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alance2118

What is the name of your state?NE
I was involved in an accident where the other party pulled right out in front of me, no time, hit him doin 60. His insurance takes 100% liability. The car i had was just purchased 2 months ago. They want to give me 5300 for the car but still owe 6800, am i out the money they will give me and still stuck with the remainder and payments for a new car or is it worth fighting for more?

justalayman

alance2118 said:
I was involved in an accident where the other party pulled right out in front of me, no time, hit him doin 60. His insurance takes 100% liability. The car i had was just purchased 2 months ago. They want to give me 5300 for the car but still owe 6800, am i out the money they will give me and still stuck with the remainder and payments for a new car or is it worth fighting for more?

It is worth fighting for if the car, at fair market value, is worth more than the $5300 offered.

If it isn't, you just learned the hard way what gap insurance is for.

alance2118 said:
You have to remember, the insurance company only owes you the actual cash value of your vehicle, not the price you purchased it for. As was mentioned earlier, this is why gap insurance exists.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">