• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MSC

If my neck surgery resulting from driver at fault costs $100,000, should I accept the other insurance company's offer of $10,000 as suggested by my attorney? If not, what step is next? What is the name of your state? SC

fejee

MSC said:
If my neck surgery resulting from driver at fault costs $100,000, should I accept the other insurance company's offer of $10,000 as suggested by my attorney? If not, what step is next? What is the name of your state? SC
i can't tell u what your next step ought to be, but i'd say your 1st step should be to fire the lawyer who suggested u accept $10k. unless of course the policy limit of the at fault driver is only $10k.

Dwain

Holy Moley...i certainly hope not! I agree with firing the attorney. I'm gonna meet with the claims adjuster this thursday to talk about settling and my bills are about $7000.00 so far. I'm at least talking to him without a lawyer as i have done my homework. If they don't agree to what i think is fair then i'm hiring the best lawyer i can find. You should be looking at a $200,000.00 settlement anyway. Check out this guys website who used to be an insurance adjuster for over 30 years and he can give you a good idea what it's worth. No spam here but i found his webste useful and no i didn't buy his book either.
http://expertpages.com/news/base_formula.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">