• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sid

i already ask this question before but did not explain enough,i fell n broke my leg when i stepped from my porch,i broke both bones an had to have surgery an a plate installed,havent been able to work for 9 months,i am on my way to healing an no longer visit doc,ive been negotiating a settlement with the property owners ins co.,i recieved a letter telling me that they dont see no negligence by the property owner,wich i have some evidence,that there is,the letter went on to say that they have med ins.that covers up to 5000.00,an that is wat they are offering me for a settlement to avoid litigation,my question is ,is being how they are offering a settlement are they admitting guilt of negligence,an do ya think that its just an offer up for negotiation,or is there such a thing as med coverage,need advise on wat to do in pa thank you

D

djdj

Sure take the $5000, and the insurance company will throw a a party for the agent... because you were such a BOZO, in not hiring a lawyer by now!

sid

settlement

well thanks for the advise,just wat i was lookin for ,but ill tell ya a little secret,im handling my own case because of bozos laywers like you,i refuse to give attorneys 40%,just to negotiate a claim of this magnitude,i really was trying to be nice,there is no reason you have to get smart,thanks anyway

D

djdj

YOU are not bright enough for this......

$5000, how much is your medical bills? how much have you lost in wages? Can you do the same job at the same pay as before? Are you going to have more medical bills next year in 2 yrs in 3years?

What about the owners homeowners insurance, how much coverage does he have?

You are CHEAP, and will get ripped off...

So take the $5000 and let the agent have a party.

T

The Legal Shoppe

The insurer for the landlord is probably offering to pay their medical payments coverage limit of $5000.00. Medical payments coverage is paid without regard to fault. This is separate coverage than the liability coverage that would be paid on the basis of fault. When the medical payments coverage is paid, make sure that you are only signing a release as to that coverage. The insurer may be entitled to a credit if you later recover from the landlord in your liability claim.

By the way, in what state did this occur? Most states have landlord and tenant statutes that require the landlord to maintain a safe premises outside of the exclusively rented premises ( sometimes known as "common areas"). If your injury occurred because of the negligent maintenance of the common areas on the premises by the landlord, then you may have a good claim. Do not give up yet.

Perhaps you should talk to a lawyer in your area. There is usually little or no charge for the initial consultation.

sid

demand package

thanks for the advise,an i saw a lawyer today,like you said,he said he would review the case an let me no if he will take it,but i thot id ask this question while i was here,with the injury like mine broken tibia n fibia ,without figuring lost wages,wat kind of a demand package would say in other cases like mine demand,i mean about how much money opproximently would an attorney ask for.thank you

D

djdj

GOOD you saw a lawyer today........

Well its not really the money its how has your life been affected by this accident?

Thas whats important, what can you show that is different now?, such as you cant climb a ladder and you are a house painter by trade...that could be LOTS of $$$$$ becuase, you have lost your livelyhood .

But if you sit down all day, so whats a broken leg if you are not in constant pain?

You see a lot has to do with your quality of life and how much worse is it today verus before the accident.

Does that make better sense?

OH if this lawyer doesnt take it there are a hundred more lawyers in the phone book to call the next day.

sid

settlement

thank you very much an am sorry for previous thread,i build silos an i have to climb them ,they range from 25 to 90 ft.,rite now its been since last may the 14th when this happened,i still walk with a limp an i have to be carefull how i walk,i have to walk on level ground because crevises an uneven ground hurts my leg,rite now im not sure that ill ever be the same,i hope i will in time but beginning to dout my progress,i thot id be healed by now,ive lost so much already,ruined my credit an am close to losing my house over this,i really want to go back to work,but my leg wont let me do my usuall dutys,ive saw friends get 20,000.00 for lesser injurys,just wonder how much my injury would be worth,thank you for the advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">