• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement for Bodily Injury Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AKeith

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband and son were involved in a rear-end crash last November. It was obviously the other person's fault. My son saw his doctor twice for back pain but does not require any further treatment. The insurance company called me the other day and wants to settle for $340 on my son's claim (includes medical bills). I told them I thought it was too low and would call them back. I have no idea what to ask for. They also told me that if I settle on this claim (on my son's behalf), that my son can still file another bodily injury claim when he turns 18. I've never heard of this and wonder if he's lying. I need advice or someone who's been in a similar situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">