• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

prokni

What is the name of your state? California

I am writing a demand letter to settle the accident we have couple months ago. My wife had some treatment related to the accident. (Around $1500 medical bill)
It was totally other driver's fault.
We get paid by salary and she had to take couple hours off each day to go to DR and she had to cover the time later.
Is it a good idea to include this topic in my demand letter just for negotiation purpose?
Are we intitle for pain and suffering?

-->It was necessary that I miss work on several occasions to see
-->the doctor. This time totaled 2 days lost wages equaling
-->approximately $xxx (?).

Thanks

P

prokni

I am salary based. If we get couple hours off from work we just have to make it up.

P

prokni

Correct. I did not loos any money on that part although I lost time.
All I am trying to do just try to compensate the money for the pain and suffering that I am entitled to.
I just hate this negotiation part and i want to come up with good demand letter to settle the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">