• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gholmes89

I live in sc my daughter was a passenger in a car that rear ended another car,the insurance co. of the driver wants to settle for the limits on the drivers policy which in the agents own statement its not enough, and it isnt concidering her injuries,do I have any other recourse against this co.if what he told me is true?He told me to contact my insurance co. and file a claim under my underinsured coverage,how does this work?
Thanks

I'm not sure what you are upset about. The most the company
can pay IS the policy limits. What else do you want them to pay?

If your daughter's injuries and bills are not covered by the policy limit she is going to receive, then you should file a claim through carrier for UIM. Send them whatever medical bills you have plus any reports from the paramedics, hospital, and her doctors that you may have. You should make her private doctors aware of the new claim.

If the at-fault driver has any assets you may want to contact a personal injury attorney for a free consultation.

G

gholmes89

Thanks

Thanks for your reply I am not upset about anything was just asking a ? which you only half replied to,can you tell me what will take place on collecting on my uim?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">