• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dandt

What is the name of your state? arizona

I was involved in an auto accident in mid october. My doc released me about 2 weeks ago. I called the adjuster to let her know this, and she stated that she is waiting to obtain all the medical bills and to contact my employer for lost wages. I have obtained all of this info on my own.

My question is, should I provide all of this to her? I was not at fault in the accident, so this adjuster works for the other parties insurance company who have excepted fault.

S

shell007

Careful !!!!

Auto accident...not your fault...injuries... :rolleyes:

Contact a Personal injury attorney.

S

shell007

dandt said:
why? What do I need to be cautious about?
Be careful about signing paperwork, be careful what you say, be careful with what you do, etc.

Their Ins. Co. is looking out the them and them only NOT YOU!! Anything that you say or do....Well, there is a very good chance that they will try to use any information against you some how or some way. That's their job!

If I were you...I wouldn't even be talking to them directly. I would have someone representing me, but that's just make take on this situation.

dandt

I guess what I am asking is it okay to contact her and see where we are with everything. My insurance company told me that I may have to bug them as they might drag their feet.

S

shell007

Call a personal injury attorney for a consult. One will most likely talk to you over the phone for free.

I can't make this any clearer for you, but I will try one more time...OK!! :)

Do what you want, but be careful talking to anyone that represents the person liable for this accident!!!

There are people out there who can do this for you who know what they are doing!!

MandyD

dandt said:
I guess what I am asking is it okay to contact her and see where we are with everything. My insurance company told me that I may have to bug them as they might drag their feet.
To answer your question, yes, that's fine to do.

dandt

Thanks for the response....Just because I want to call and find out where they are at doesn't imply that I want to ask more than that or give out any information, but to let them know that I am waiting for an initial offer.

MandyD

dandt said:
Thanks for the response....Just because I want to call and find out where they are at doesn't imply that I want to ask more than that or give out any information, but to let them know that I am waiting for an initial offer.
Good for you. Contrary to previous advice, I think rushing for a lawyer before you even hear a settlement offer isn't in your best interest. Why give an attorney 30-40% if you're willing to accept their first offer. ;)

S

shell007

I was involved in an auto accident in mid october. My doc released me about 2 weeks ago. I called the adjuster to let her know this, and she stated that she is waiting to obtain all the medical bills and to contact my employer for lost wages. I have obtained all of this info on my own.

My question is, should I provide all of this to her? I was not at fault in the accident, so this adjuster works for the other parties insurance company who have excepted fault.
Based on your original question...my advice still remains to be careful about what you do, say, and information you share with the other insurance co. Good luck! :)

MandyD said:
Good for you. Contrary to previous advice, I think rushing for a lawyer before you even hear a settlement offer isn't in your best interest. Why give an attorney 30-40% if you're willing to accept their first offer. ;)
I agree with you. The information being requested is what's necessary for the claim to be processed, and I would provide that information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">