• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sav1

What is the name of your state?CA I understand that there isn't a set amount to be awarded for pain and suffering but can someone give me an ideal of what anyone out there has RECEIVED for an injury resulting in scars from burns or road rash?

seniorjudge

sav1 said:
What is the name of your state?CA I understand that there isn't a set amount to be awarded for pain and suffering but can someone give me an ideal of what anyone out there has RECEIVED for an injury resulting in scars from burns or road rash?
I will answer part of your question.

Pain and suffering is often judged to be 3 times the actual and direct amount of damages.

S

shell007

sav1 said:
Anyone else?
SJ knows what he is talking about..accept it as truth.

If it matters to you in regards as to another opinion...I agree with SeniorJudge! :)

S

shell007

dandt said:
Is that 3x's the medical only, or does that include lost wages and property damage?
Pain and suffering settlement can/could include: medical bills, receipts for RX's and OTC medicine, lost wages due to the medical complications of the case, etc.

Property damage should be a seperate claim.

DGO1223

sav1 said:
I can only pass on what my lawyer told us:

It runs from anywhere 2x to 5x depending on severity of injury. Soft tissue, broken bones, permanent bodily damage, further medical care in the future, loss of limbs, etc., etc.

Of course lots of other issues come into play here. Plus the above is only the demand for settlement $$, not always actual awards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">