• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement way below the value of loss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpmwife

I'm in Houston, Texas. I was involved in an accident where the other driver pulled out in front of me and I could not stop. The damage to my car was more than the NADA book value. The insurance company offered me only $3,000 for my car.

Problem is that my car is truly worth more than that. We've kept every oil change, air filter change and spark plug change record since we bought the car. Every part that was replaced, we have all the papers, dates, warranties, etc. The comfort level of dependability alone is worth more than $3,000. We know this car and trust this car. Is there something more I can do?

Is Substitution of Colateral something that could apply here?

Robbed by insurance company

ALawyer

Ask the Texas Insurance Department; if you have not gotten fair value from your own carrier. (That's all they insure you for, not peace of mind.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">