• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Setup - accident oponent's husband cop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FSiepm

Virginia, Arlington County
I was involved in an accident. My car was damaged on the passanger side, in the front. The other car has scratches along the driver side. I was sitting in the left hand lane, trying to get around the car that was in front of me, trying to turn left. I had my blinker set and was waiting to change lanes. I saw the other car coming in the mirror and then I suddenly heard the noise. The car took off the front of my bumper. I was still in my lane but saw the car taking off. I went behind the car and it turned into a parking lot. The first thing the lady said "I did not see you." the 2nd thing was "It is your fault." I pointed out the scratches on her front bumper. But she said she would call the police. I though this is OK since I did not do anything wrong. When she got of her cell phone she told me she called her husband. I was wondering what was that about. Her husband arrived with the police. To make a long story short. I received a warning for not yielding, even I was not moving and the cars had been moved. So a reconstruction was just absed on the damage but not the position of the cars. The officer did not even put my right address on the report or the warning. Even I provided him with my address change card. The next thing I hear is that I have to pay for her damage and that I am stuck with my damage. We both have Statefarm. The insurance claims that since I was close to the lane-divider I could not tell if I was across the line. I have 19 years of experience driving with no ticket or accident. There is no evidence that I was across the line at all or of wrong doing on my side. Still the police report states that I hit the other car in the door. My bumper has significant damage (according to body place and Honda dealer, a other bumper hit it), the other car has just scratches. What can I do to get justice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">