• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shattered sunroof by drive-thru car wash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikudy

What is the name of your state? tx
My wife ran our car thru a local automatic car wash which resulted in a shattered sun-roof. The store owner refuses to pay (1,400). Can I take them to small claims court and win? He said it was a faulty wind shield and not their fault. I feel it is their fault. Please advise

F

franklin2003

NO the car wash is not responsible for the damages, there usually is a disclamer before you take it in....

Your wife should know better anyway, you hand wash a car with a sunroof.

T

TriciaLC

i would make sure there really *was* a disclaimer before anything

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TriciaLC said:

"i would make sure there really *was* a disclaimer before anything."

=================================

My response:

Tricia, my little redheaded beauty - -

Let's suppose that there was no "disclaimer". You'd still have to show "causation" which is one of the elements of "negligence".

Our writer NEVER explained what was the "cause" of the sunroof breaking. Was it a hot day? Was it some equipment failure? Did someone take a hammer to it?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">