• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The shop won't release my car**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lori price

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Illinois
I was rear ended, went to body shop for estimate, they called adjuster for supplement claim. I only took the car for an estimate! I called one day later to check status and to my surprise they repaired the car! I didn't want it repaired, I wanted to get more estimates. They took no pictures and all the damage evidence is gone. I didn't sign any papers, never gave verbal authorzation for repairs either. Now they won't release my car without payment. To top it off it is a horrible repair. Can I just take the car and get it fixed right at the shop I want? The shop acknowledges they did not have authorizaton but said they already did the repairs and need paid for the work/ $2000.00. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">