I recently got into my possession a car belonging to a deceased relative of mine. The executor of his estate has sold me the car, and I would like to transffer the title to my name... the car was a NJ plated car, but I want to register it in PA.

I was told by the PA DMV that I need a Short form certificate to show the executor was appointed. I only have something called a surrogate from the court... is that the same as a short form certificate? would they accept it? does anyone know?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section... Thanks Chaim