• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I *counter sue*?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mrs C

What is the name of your state? IL

I was in an accident Feb. 2001. I was not at fault, but the *other guy* is suing me. My lawyer (for the insurance co.) says if I am going to counter sue, I have to do it soon before the SOL runs out. I just wanted this *thing* to be over, and therefore did not want to sue...until I sat in on this guys deposition. I don't know how he can sleep at night for the lies that he told!
I know the insurance co.'s lawyer cannot represent me...but he has indicated that I'd have a good case. And, that the two suits would be tried together. He says that it would *even out the playing field*, so to speak. He says that *if* this goes to trial, the jury will wonder why I'm not counter suing him. After all, he had only a chip fracture (treated and released) in his right ankle compared to my multiple life treatening injuries (in hospital 8 days, 4 of which in ICU)
Should I? Shouldn't I? Any thoughts?
Thank you,
M

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">