• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I find my own lawyer???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ringleroy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

My son, age 19, had an accident while covered on my policy. we are being sued for more than what my policy covered. my insurance co appointed us a lawyer for my case. I'm not sure how much a lawyer cost for their service, should I find my own lawyer, is the lawyer appointed for me by my insurance co to protect me or mainly the insurance co? will they fight for me not to pay out my own pocket what my insurance will not cover? :eek:

teflon_jones

How much are you being sued for and how much is your coverage? Is it a frivolous lawsuit that you feel you have a good chance of winning, or does the other party have a case?

teflon_jones said:
How much are you being sued for and how much is your coverage? Is it a frivolous lawsuit that you feel you have a good chance of winning, or does the other party have a case?
Along with these questions find out if the other party ever made a demand to settle for your policy limits or below. If they did then your insurance company may be able to settle this and protect your interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">