• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I get a lawyer now??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fusioncom

What is the name of your state?
ga

A lady that hit me is not returning the calls to her insurance company as to whether or not she hit me. We didnt do a police report becuase of the minimal damage....later I was shown to have neck injuries though. In anycase should I get a lawyer.....she gave me her cell phone number, etc.......even her insurance card.......but isnt responding to her insurance company or so they tell me. Do you think they are just dinking me around.

H

hexeliebe

Turn the matter into your insurance company. They have attorneys who will contact the other insurance company and deal with this.

F

fusioncom

I did turn it into my insurance company but state farm is asking for me to pay the deductable of 500 to proceed...........500 dollars I dont have.

H

hexeliebe

Something like Cold Fusion...it exists but not in reality :D

JETX

I guess my question is.... you don't have the $500 deductible to pay to get this problem resolved (or at least get your insurance company to step up), yet are asking, "should I get a lawyer now?". Why would you think that a lawyer would be any less than the $500 you don't have???

Pay the deductible that YOU chose when you negotiated your coverage. The insurance company will then handle the problem. If it makes you feel better, pretend that the $500 was in legal fees.
The result is the same or better.

F

fusioncom

ahhhhhhhhhh ok I gothca now. Well most of the lawyers around here are free up front but then of course take 7% of whatever your get.

JETX

SEVEN PERCENT!!
Damn, sign the agreement right now. That is, by FAR, the best contingency fee plan I have ever heard of.
And while you are there, take a few minutes and see if he has a license to practice law in your state. If he is just charging 7%, I bet he doesn't!!

H

hexeliebe

Hell I even charge more than that, and that's when I have sex with my girlfriend :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">