• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I settle, could use any advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JCDyer

I live in Glendale, Arizon. I was rear ended about 4 months ago now. I was driving and the car in front of my slammed on their brakes becuase of a fire truck, so I had to also. The car behind me did not stop in time, and hit me at probally around 30. I was wearing my seat belt and did not feel really hurt at the time. The grill of his car hit my bumper, so my damage was minimal while his car was in rather bad shape. After getting all the usual stuff, and him being citied we went on our ways. The next day I was extremely soar, and went into the chropractor where I got xrays and the such. They said I was messed up a little. I ended up going to treatment there for about three months. During this time I consulted a lawyer, and hired Solomon, Relihan and Blake. They dealt with all my legal problems. My bumper was replaced, but becuase of a special paint job it does not match my car, so it still needs to be painted. The body also needs some VERY slight touch up paint. Which was not fixed directly by the other insurance company, like the bumper was. The repair on my car left me without a vechile for about a week, and I was a few months before 18 so I could not rent one. After my medical treatment, the bills came to just above $4000. Some time passed, and the other insurance company gave us an offer of $4500. My lawyer counter offered with $15000. Legacy Union, the person at fualts insuarance company, stuck with their orginal settlement of $4500. They are not bugding. This settlement will barely cover my medical fees, and not leave me enough money to even restore my cars paint job so it is in orginal condition. I am not looking to sue anyone, I just want to at least have my car fixxed to what it orginally was like. Would it be wise to take this to court, and try and get more money, or should I quit with what I got now. I really appreciate any advice anyone can give me, and apolagize for such the long post. I just was not sure on what all you needed. Thanks.
Jason

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JCDyer said:
"Would it be wise to take this to court, and try and get more money."
My response:

Yes. Your lawyer knows exactly what to do. Have patience and follow the directives of your lawyer carefully and exactly. You'll come out of this smelling like a rose.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">