• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I subborgate medical expenses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DadWonder

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Was rear-ended last month by a corporate fleet vehicle. They are self insured and I have been dealing with their adjuster. My insurance has not been involved, but my agent is aware of what happened.

I received a damages settlement that I was happy with. Covered the cost of replacing the car at fair market value, and I was able to keep the vehicle.

The medical bills are now starting to come in and my question is should I pay cash and settle directly with adjuster, or should I subrogate the medical bills to my health care insurer. I can float the $5K for a couple months if need be,

There were only soft tissue injuries [normal aches and pains] for each occupant, and after five weeks, there appears to be no long term impact. Each person was checked out in the hospital and received a clear bill if health at that time.

I do plan on seeking pain and suffering from the adjuster once all of the bills are in, and we feel that there is no long term health impact.

Advice?

ecmst12

If you can cover the bills yourself for now, it will be a lot less hassle to do that rather then having to worry about paying your health insurance company back out of your settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">