• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beerman241

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Maryland

This week I was knocked down by a county road truck. I was standing in the street while the driver used my driveway to move 1 truck out of the way. While standing behind another vehicle I along with 3 other people were talking when guy got in truck we were behind and proceeded to back up. The back up alarm was not on and we were clearly in view of the driver. He just got in and backed up without looking. I fell and now have a fractured knee and am looking at 6-8 weeks of recovery. All of this is being covered by my insurance until the county's ins. settles with me after my 6-8 weeks of therapy. I am afraid of having problems say years down the line. Is there someway of putting a clause in settlement stating county will cover if future problems..

Please help!!

K

Kaz the Minotau

I am wondering why your didn't move out of the way of the truck if you saw it coming at you?

B

beerman241

I had my back to the truck and did not see him come to the truck that we were standing by. He was standing beside the truck in my driveway when I last saw him. He looked over where we were and I assumed he knew we were there. I am just glad it was me and not a child. He clearly should have been aware of his surroundings on a dead end street with children in the area and equipment all around to me this is reason enough to look before you just get in a vehicle and proceed to backup without looking.

K

KCMR

The answer is obviously yes...you should definitely sue. He was negligent. You should receive money for your pain and suffering and should contact a personal injury attorney immediately.

The question is not why didn't you move out of the way....
how ludicrous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">