• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing over title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liteoftruth

What is the name of your state? West Virginia
A car pull out in front of me on hwy 60 on my way back home in Virginia. The other car was found a fault and my car was totaled. The insurance company I am dealing with is located in TN and I live in WV. They told that they did not have any representives in WV and therefore, I needed to sign over my title and send it to them via mail. They said once they received me title, that they would send me the check. Is this typical when you are dealing with insurance companies out of state?

This seems to be pretty legit. They are purchasing the vehicle from you so in order for them to send the check they will need the signed title.

As a side note you will find that alot of insurance companies do not like doing business in WV due to the incredible amount of lawsuits that are filed against them in the state. The laws there really open up the insurance companies to some huge bad faith claims and punitive damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">