• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sleepwalking pedestrians

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cal25

I would like to know who's at fault when a car that didn't run through a stop light/sign hits a pedestrian. Bay Area, California.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Assuming there's a crosswalk involved in this scenario, and not a "dart out" from between vehicles, then the vehicle driver is at fault.

What does "sleepwalking" have to do with this ?

IAAL

C

Cal25

Re: pedestrians

Sleepwalking? I was just giving it a catchy subject. What if there's no crosswalk?? Is the driver still liable?? Legal Beagle, don't waste my time.

M

mary ray

Even if there was a crosswalk and they were jaywalking then there would be no liability on your part. This is so with or without a crosswalk.

LegalBeagle

mary ray said:
Even if there was a crosswalk and they were jaywalking then there would be no liability on your part. This is so with or without a crosswalk.
Whilst I understand what you are saying.. I disagree with your statement as a whole.. but, since I am not to waste my time..

C

Cal25

LegalBeagle, you typed in anyway... what do you have to say about mary ray's statement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">