• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip & fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jabone

Slip & Fall

Would appreciate help w slip & fall. I had purchased a boat as a live aboard. The owners were aware I was new to marina
life. They had 6-8 wks earlier rebuilt the dock I was moored @, installed new lighting but waited to wire it until another adjacent dock was complete. On the 8 evenings
previous to my fall that I had been to the marina inspecting & purchasing there was more than adequate lite to see by. The morning after my 3rd nite on the boat I got up @ 6:15am (predawn), the moon was waning & cloud cover created a dark situation, which I believes negates comparative negligence issues. as I walked towards the marina I fell off the pier into the sea wall.

I had 50 stiches in my face & mouth for 2 complex (thru & thru) lacerations.I retained an attorney, who largely ignored me & was ready to settle w/o my input concerning
the lighting issues & various out of pocket costs. I have
fired him & am interested in filing the claim myself. I have questions about damages: pain & suffering, permanent
scarring (one scar was revised a year later). The insurance co has already paid out the medical costs incurred at the time of the accident. I found a reference that indicated complex injuries average 5X med costs but did not address
Pain & Suffering or permanent scarring (facial).Med costs
about 10K. Took place in MD.

I believe I have a solid demand letter, med reports, costs,pics, etc but am concerned about the 2 issues I mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skewered in the Dark

[Edited by jabone on 12-03-2000 at 02:58 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">