• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisakell

Two years ago tomorrow 12/5/98, while walking on the side of a state road in New York State, I fell into a 4 1/2 foot hole that was filled with construction debris. Shattered my right leg, required surgery, still recovering. Intiated a lawsuit which has progressed slowly, disclosure is scheduled to be completed by Feb. 23, 2001. My question is this, following disclosure, would a settlement be forthcoming, or does it seem likely that the State of New York would continue on to trial? I have tried to ask my own Attorney, but can never get a clear cut answer. Also, in Sept. a judge put this case on a schedule, can that schedule be changed or deviated from? Or does the state have to comply, or can they use delay tactics?
Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">