• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip & Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sayde

I was leaving My friends apartment and was getting into my truck and slipped on ice, fell flat on my face and shattered my front teeth, hit my head, and scared up my face, and suffered a black out, because I only remember bits and pieces... I went to the Dentist to get my teeth looked at and went to the hospital for my head....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sayde said:
I was leaving My friends apartment and was getting into my truck and slipped on ice, fell flat on my face and shattered my front teeth, hit my head, and scared up my face, and suffered a black out, because I only remember bits and pieces... I went to the Dentist to get my teeth looked at and went to the hospital for my head....
My response:

Bummer.

What's your question ? If your question is whether your friend is liable, from what you've stated so far, the answer is no.

In what State did this happen ?

IAAL

S

sayde

I was wondering if the apartment complex is liable or not, It happened in Michigan...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Same answer. A property owner is only liable for dangerous conditions that it is aware of, and has been placed on Notice to correct, either through actual notice, or implied notice. A property owner is not liable for naturally occurring conditions, such as ice. A property owner is not an insurer of your safety, and you use someone's property at your own risk - - unless the property owner does something to increase the risk of it property usage.

Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

Michigan State Motto: "Our Country's First Line of Defense From the Canadians"

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 01-08-2001 at 06:23 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">