• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dawn58

I fell in a parking lot on some ice. I skinned and briused my knee up pretty good. Went to the doctors the next day because the swelling did not go down. I had an x-ray nothing broken. Was given pain medication. I called the place of business the day it happened. Told the woman that answered the phone what happened. They have yet to call to see if I was all right. What should I do now? State of Michigan

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dawn58 said:
I fell in a parking lot on some ice. I skinned and briused my knee up pretty good. Went to the doctors the next day because the swelling did not go down. I had an x-ray nothing broken. Was given pain medication. I called the place of business the day it happened. Told the woman that answered the phone what happened. They have yet to call to see if I was all right. What should I do now? State of Michigan
My response:

What is your theory of negligence ? In other words, why do you think the business is liable ? All because someone slips and falls due to a natural condition, e.g., ice, does not necessarily make the property owner liable. Also, do you know whether the business owns the parking lot ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">