• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

p hershey

I fell on the ice at a local mall. A security guard saw me on the ground and thought it was odd but he kept driving. I tore cartilage in my knee. My doctor advised me to have surgery now (before it really bothers me) instead of a year from now when my knee will be giving me trouble. My question is---do I need a lawyer? What if I still have problems after the first surgery and need a second? What should I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

All because you fell, and injured yourself, does not mean that the property owners were negligent.

Ice is a natural condition, and property owners are not insurers of your safety. Unless you can prove "Notice" and "Negligence", I'm afraid you'll come up empty on this one.

You should discuss this with an attorney to see what, if anything, can be done.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">