• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip & fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

erichil76

i was walking in from parking lot in major home improvement chain, (4 spots from entrance of store) and my foot became lodged in large and deep hole. i was 7 months pregnant at time, and fell on left leg and side of belly. went into store to speak to manager, 2 witnesses who saw fall came in and gave statements also.mother met me at store and took me to obgyn,the store manager gave me a form to give doctor and authorized payment for services. before i left store hole had been covered with cement by employee.aside from cramping and fear, the baby seemed to be ok. my leg was cut and bleeding and severly bruised-photos were taken of my leg on day of injury and every day for a week.i was unable to walk for several days, pain in knee,hip and lower back still.couldn'y care for 5 tr old son, had yo have neigbors in to help and hubbie missed work.blood clot developed in leg several weeks later, in same location as injuries from fall as documented by photos and doctors records. doctor cannot attribute all of blood clot to fall,but atleast part of it as stated in letter to insurance co. because of blood clot, i can't take hormonal birth control and so hubbie has to get vasectomy and advised by doctor to have no more children-too dangerous. aside from pain injuries caused, great deal of stress and concern for me and baby-clot could have killed us both, he was delivered 2 weeks early because of it. my question is tjis-i am waiting for settlement offer as they expect to have one next week, how much should i expect? what is a ball park figure, or precedent on such a case? what do i do if it's too little-will lawyer help really in collecting fair dollar amount?

E

erichil76

slip & fall response

ok-you didn't answer my question. do i have a case or not, if so how strong is it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">