• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip & fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Judi Frye

I attended my company's Holiday party and slipped and fell while dancing. I had about 2 and 1/2 glasses of wine and dinner. I started to dance without my shoes on when I felt that I had stepped in something wet. all of a sudden I was down. I must of been in shock as I don't rmember much after that except being in an Er room. My wrist was broke in several places and I had an external fixator on for 6+wks. After 6 months of pain and hardly working I had to have my wrist partly fused with plates and screws. I have lost aprox 60 % of the use of this wrist. Who would be responiable the injury? The place of business, my company or both. My statue of limitations is up in about 5 weeks. Can anyone help? Thank You.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Why did you wait so long to pursue this.

Well, lots of issues come into play.

First of all, your company is NOT liable, because it was not while you were working.

As to the place of business: depends on their actions as to the floor and the wet spot, and your actions (wine, no shoes, etc.)/

Your state law on negligence and case law on whether you were an invitee and how that comes into play with their duty to you is very important. You need a lawyer to mesh through this to see if you even have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">