• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

being sued55

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Back in april this year, A friend was visiting and went outside down some steps, tripped 3rd step from the bottem, fell against the railing and busted the railing. We called her husband to come out, and the paramedics as well. The lady was going in and out of sleep and acting very weird. Come to find out she just started her methadone prescription (pain relif for diesase) what they give herion addicts. She always talks with a slur, like she is on lots of medicine. After a couple days we talked, gave her the landlords insurance info, she settled with the insurance company for $1000.00, although her medical bills were higher, the insurance company found her at fault (this is what the landlords ins. company told me) then come July we get a call from the lady saying if we dont pay her $350 for remaing bills not paid by ins. company, she is going to sue us for it. So come 2 nights ago we get a subpeona saying she is sueing us for $950 now.

Facts:

I rent, so does she even have a case against me?

She tripped on her own doing down steep stairs.

The railing is old, but sturdy. was not meant to hold a unhealthy overweight person (250+lb.)

She settled with insurance company, does this mean it is all done and over?

Please help, thank you

HomeGuru

being sued55 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

Back in april this year, A friend was visiting and went outside down some steps, tripped 3rd step from the bottem, fell against the railing and busted the railing. We called her husband to come out, and the paramedics as well. The lady was going in and out of sleep and acting very weird. Come to find out she just started her methadone prescription (pain relif for diesase) what they give herion addicts. She always talks with a slur, like she is on lots of medicine. After a couple days we talked, gave her the landlords insurance info, she settled with the insurance company for $1000.00, although her medical bills were higher, the insurance company found her at fault (this is what the landlords ins. company told me) then come July we get a call from the lady saying if we dont pay her $350 for remaing bills not paid by ins. company, she is going to sue us for it. So come 2 nights ago we get a subpeona saying she is sueing us for $950 now.

Facts:

I rent, so does she even have a case against me?

**A: not from what I can gather.

She tripped on her own doing down steep stairs.

The railing is old, but sturdy. was not meant to hold a unhealthy overweight person (250+lb.)

**A: you do not own the property so such a premises liability accident would be covered under the landlord's insurance policy.

She settled with insurance company, does this mean it is all done and over?

**A: yes as far as the landord is concerned. I have no idea why she would be suing you. What are the reasons? Did you make her go off her diet by feeding her a super duper sized quadruple quarter pounder with cheese, extra large fries, and those extra jumbo cream puffs?

Please help, thank you

**A: you're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">