• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip & Fall Claim denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hqueen

On March 29, 2000, I was on a school field trip with my sons 6th grade class. As I walked my group to the front door of the museum I slipped on a puddle of water, flipped over a statue, knocked 10 teeth out, broke my chin, and busted mt lips open. I had 3 operations and need implants. I hired an attorney and my claim was regected by the musuems insurance. I have thousands of dollars in doctor bills. The insurance company for the museum states it's not thier fault. If I had not have been in front as the chaparone some child would have been badly hurt. The museum doesn;t want to pay. I also lost 30 pounds, lost 2 months of work.
What are my chances if I take them to court?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hqueen:
On March 29, 2000, I was on a school field trip with my sons 6th grade class. As I walked my group to the front door of the museum I slipped on a puddle of water, flipped over a statue, knocked 10 teeth out, broke my chin, and busted mt lips open. I had 3 operations and need implants. I hired an attorney and my claim was regected by the musuems insurance. I have thousands of dollars in doctor bills. The insurance company for the museum states it's not thier fault. If I had not have been in front as the chaparone some child would have been badly hurt. The museum doesn;t want to pay. I also lost 30 pounds, lost 2 months of work.
What are my chances if I take them to court?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

From your description of why you fell, I don't believe your chances are good. I think your attorney took the case because of the extensive damages, and was hoping to settle the case for "nuisance value". There is no cognizable negligence on the part of the museum. All because there was water on the sidewalk, does not a negligence case make. Further, if the museum was not on Notice of a dangerous condition of it's premises, you'll lose on that count also.

If you haven't already received it, your attorney will more than probably be sending you a "drop letter" sometime soon.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">