• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall in haunted house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sdveteran

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

I recently fell down stairs in a local haunted house. The stairs were unmarked and unlit since most haunted houses are very dark inside. After x-rays it was found that I badly sprained my rt ankle and knee. There are no medical costs since the military took care of the treatment. Do I have a case against the haunted house. I understand that a certain amount of risk is involved as to bumping around in the dark and stumbling from time to time but stairs leading down without any warning seems to be on the negligent side. One local injury attorney told me that I wouldn't have much of a claim and recommended small claims court but how much do I ask for? I'm not expecting to become a millionare but I do think I should be compensated for having to use crutches and leg splits for the next 3-4 weeks. Any advise out there?

stephenk

was walking down the stairs part of the path people had to go on when walking through the house?

sure, go ahead and file a small claims action. you would need to name the organizor/organization that ran the haunted house and the owner of the building you were in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">