• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip/Fall on Ice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GinaC

I Live in Columbus Georgia . On Thursday Jan 04th- I went to a well known car wash in our town.. 1 of many owned by a family here. I proceeded out of my car to go to the change machine with dollar bills to get quarters for the spray wash/rinse- As soon as I stepped out of Stall I slipped on ice and came down on My Tail Bone then tried to get up and came down again on my wrist and Hip! Southern Georgia is not known for Ice and snow.I collected my self and got back into my car -- I was due to Pick up My daughter at 2:30 from School. left to do that.. started to feel bad.. angry etc. drove back to car wash looked for name and number to call and let them know about the Ice problem. First spoke with a manager... told her they needed to know of the problem in front of there Wash stalls. I stated that I was on My way to a Emergency room- she asked me to wait and speak with owner. he wanted me to go to his Medical place for care.. and when I get there to tell them to get in touch with him at his business and he would let them know he would take care of the bill... All was fine there.. I sprang my wrist and had terrible tail Bone bruise.. No breaks or cracks..As the next couple days passed.. I felt even worse. I called the business and asked about there coverage since I wanted to see my own doctor.. they would get in touch with me on Monday about that.. Monday they contact me and my Doctor . saying they have left 2 messages with there insurance.. and then finally reached the insurance and gave them all the info: Well them the insurance contacts me. I answer a few questions as to the accident.. I finally ask.. Are you going to cover my care at the first doctor he sent me too and then with my doctor also. they tell me... it has to be proven beyond doubt that owner was negligent about the ice, and to use my medical insurance.. the Owner stated to me in first call he was aware of the ice and had been around to his car washes all that day putting down salt? And has obligated himself. to my care thru several conversations..Now they(owner) call my doctor yesterday ...(the owner) tells them they are sorry about what the insurance people said to me and that he will cover no matter which way it goes(my med care). They Fax For Jan9th to my Doctor that they would pay that days visit and care.. But today jan10th. They are now going to get with there insurance because they thought i was going to a Medical doctor and Not a Chiropractor..this would be too much for them to cover? I also Have the owner on my Voice mail yesterday leaving me a message that He would stand good for my medical care. I have tried to work with them without getting a law suit going... Now I feel I have no choice.. sounds now like they do not want to pay?/ Do I have a good chance in a lawyer wanting to take this case? My husband went the same nite of accident and made pictures of the ice and the nest day also.
Sorry so long winded. but this has turned into a long story. Thanks for any inf: and help :) Gina

[Edited by GinaC on 01-10-2001 at 11:07 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You went to a chiropractor instead of a medical doctor? Is that right? He would be right in not covering you for that. It could open HIM up to more liability.
If you want to avoid a suit, write a letter with a doctor bill and see if they pay. If they don't, then seek a personal injury attorney.
The problem is this: the attorney will need to tackle the issue of chiropractor vs. medical doctor (two are quite different).

G

GinaC

he reason I went to a Chiropractor after the Medical doctor, Is because the doctor is treating me with drugs for the pain and the Chiropractor is treating the problem. What I need to know is . with the owner already standing good for the 1st bill with the emergency care and a another bill with the 1st visit to the Chiropractor, leaving message on my voice mail that he would stand good whatever happens and also on the 1st visit to Chiropractor they faxed a paper that he would cover that days Bill,...then hasn't he already obligated himself to my care?Thanks ,Gina

G

GinaC

Slip/ Fall Ice

I forgot to tell you , I did seek the advice of a Personel injury lawyer, He took the caes on contingency(sp).
But what do you think Based on Law about the above post Questions that I asked? Curious as to other opinions.:) Gina (
P.S. I think ya'll do a great job in here about answering questions for All us!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">