• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and fall inside store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

haok1

My wife and I were at a Kmart store this past Sat., Feb. 8, 2003.
They were having a closing sale. We were walking down the main aisle, I was on the left of my wife she was to the right pushing a cart. All of a sudden she fell to the ground head first, causing the cart to pop a wheely and almost hitting her. She was in tears and in a lot of pain, she couldn't stand up at all. We turned around and laying on the floor was a cap (the spraying part you find on perfume bottles) that she slipped on. They wrote a accident report out and had me write a statement of what happened along with another witness. They helped to our vehicle and I took her straight to the nearest hospital. They x-rayed her ankle and foot and told her that it was just sprained, that she needs to stay off of it, and that it could take 3 to 4 weeks to heal. She stays home and takes care of the house, right know she is stuck using crutches and can barely do anything at all around the house. We want to know if there is anything that can be done in this matter. This occurred in Ft. Wayne, IN.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

haok1 said:
My wife and I were at a Kmart store this past Sat., Feb. 8, 2003.
They were having a closing sale. We were walking down the main aisle, I was on the left of my wife she was to the right pushing a cart. All of a sudden she fell to the ground head first, causing the cart to pop a wheely and almost hitting her. She was in tears and in a lot of pain, she couldn't stand up at all. We turned around and laying on the floor was a cap (the spraying part you find on perfume bottles) that she slipped on. They wrote a accident report out and had me write a statement of what happened along with another witness. They helped to our vehicle and I took her straight to the nearest hospital. They x-rayed her ankle and foot and told her that it was just sprained, that she needs to stay off of it, and that it could take 3 to 4 weeks to heal. She stays home and takes care of the house, right know she is stuck using crutches and can barely do anything at all around the house. We want to know if there is anything that can be done in this matter.

**** U.S. LAW ONLY - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

H

haok1

I have read your disclaimer and I agree to it. Also, this incident occurred in Ft. Wayne, IN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">