• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall knee injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dee Hale

I fell at the Albertson's store in Kingston, Wa. That is just northwest of Seattle. I injured my knee. Albertson's has stated that they are taking responsiblity for what happened to me. I slipped due to water, when they were watering plants at their door. I was off work for 311 hours. Between my medical and my wages, it has cost $13,600.00. I had what is called the terrible triad. That is the ACL, the medial miniscus, and the lateral. I have a brace that I wear (not at work because I sit at a desk). My husband built a railing for the 3 stairs to our deck because I am terrified that I will fall again. My doctor says that at this time he does not recommend surgery as it might cause further damage (arthritis). Several years ago, I had a fall that required arthroscopic surgery on my knee. The doctor says that injury is 100% improved but has left me with the beginnings of arthritis. I have had 2 doctor opinions on this. Both doctors feel that I will need a full knee replacement in my old age. I really don't know what is a fair settlement. I really don't feel that I need an attorney, at least at this time. I also, do have problems going up and down stairs and to get on my knees, well I almost can't do it. This happened 8 months ago. What would you consider a fair settlement.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dee Hale said:
I fell at the Albertson's store in Kingston, Wa. That is just northwest of Seattle. I injured my knee. Albertson's has stated that they are taking responsiblity for what happened to me. I slipped due to water, when they were watering plants at their door. I was off work for 311 hours. Between my medical and my wages, it has cost $13,600.00. I had what is called the terrible triad. That is the ACL, the medial miniscus, and the lateral. I have a brace that I wear (not at work because I sit at a desk). My husband built a railing for the 3 stairs to our deck because I am terrified that I will fall again. My doctor says that at this time he does not recommend surgery as it might cause further damage (arthritis). Several years ago, I had a fall that required arthroscopic surgery on my knee. The doctor says that injury is 100% improved but has left me with the beginnings of arthritis. I have had 2 doctor opinions on this. Both doctors feel that I will need a full knee replacement in my old age. I really don't know what is a fair settlement. I really don't feel that I need an attorney, at least at this time. I also, do have problems going up and down stairs and to get on my knees, well I almost can't do it. This happened 8 months ago. What would you consider a fair settlement.
My response:

We don't do "settlement estimates" on this site. We would need to know more about you, and see your file. There are far too many other variables that are unknown to do you any service in this regard.

Where is your attorney is this entire scenario ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">