• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip & fall/ settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shooker

I slipped and fell on a grape in august 1998
at a grocery store.Prior to the accident at the grocery store,I was being treated by my doctor for a lower back problem that required
surgery twenty years ago.I had fusion at the
L-5 -S1 level.After the slip and fall at the
grocery store my diagnosis was internal disc
derangement secondary to the fall that occurred with underlying drgenerative disc changes at L3-4 and 4-5.It is my doctor opinion that the injuries and problems,which
eventually led to having two surgeries.Were
indeed a direct result of my fall that occurred in the store.As the results of the injuries i have been declared totally disabled by the social security administration.I was self employed at the time of the accident.I have been asked to return for a second time to contuine my deposition for the opposing party.this time
they want to video tape the deposition.wnat
does this mean to me?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Very easy -- they want to see how badly hurt you are and see if you are indeed totally disabled. Especially when sitting for a deposition, even getting up to walk around, breaks, etc.

Do you know if they have a store video tape of your visit the day of your accident? I.e. do they evidence of you prior to the grape fiasco?

Speak to your lawyer about this (I hope you have one).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">