• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall in Store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chipper6

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My Wife just called and said she shopping in a store today and she fell on her butt. A clerk came up soon after and she told them that she fell. The clerk said that they knew about the spill that had been reported to them, and that the customer that reported it was to stay near the spill until they could clean it up. My wife said she had just walked past this customer before she fell. The clerk asked her if she was ok and she said "yes, I think so". The clerk said that it was some kind of cleaning solution. An incident report was filled out, and my wife was told if she chooses to go to the doctor that they should mail the bill to them. She has some back pain, from this, but she isn't sure if it's jsut from the act of tensing up from the fall or not. She is upset because she doesn't want to cause a problem. I told her she needs to be honest with herself and how she feels and to go to the doctor, at least to make sure everything is ok. She did not get a colpy of the incident report. What should we do now.

HomeGuru

Chipper6 said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My Wife just called and said she shopping in a store today and she fell on her butt. A clerk came up soon after and she told them that she fell. The clerk said that they knew about the spill that had been reported to them, and that the customer that reported it was to stay near the spill until they could clean it up. My wife said she had just walked past this customer before she fell. The clerk asked her if she was ok and she said "yes, I think so". The clerk said that it was some kind of cleaning solution. An incident report was filled out, and my wife was told if she chooses to go to the doctor that they should mail the bill to them. She has some back pain, from this, but she isn't sure if it's jsut from the act of tensing up from the fall or not. She is upset because she doesn't want to cause a problem. I told her she needs to be honest with herself and how she feels and to go to the doctor, at least to make sure everything is ok. She did not get a colpy of the incident report. What should we do now.
**A: thus far you have not proved any injury to her is evident.

C

Chipper6

?

I was just looking for advice on what to do next. We are not looking to "sue them for all there worth". If someone has been in this situation before I would appreciate any advice.

B

BillyBG

Get her checked out for injuries relating to this incident. If you want to be reimbursed for medical bills, contact the store like they said. If they refuse to pay, then get the incident report and a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">