• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip & fall time frame

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mis12976

I live in Michigan. I slipped on some ice leaving the bar and broke my ankle. That happened on march 2, '01. It is now may 14, '01 and I've yet to hear from their insurance company. My question is...what's the statute of limitations. I don't want to wait until it's too late. But I'd like to give the company ample time to make ammends. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mis12976 said:
I live in Michigan. I slipped on some ice leaving the bar and broke my ankle. That happened on march 2, '01. It is now may 14, '01 and I've yet to hear from their insurance company. My question is...what's the statute of limitations. I don't want to wait until it's too late. But I'd like to give the company ample time to make ammends. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
My response:

The Michigan Statute of Limitations on injury claims is 3 years from the date of the incident. So, you have plenty of time to file a lawsuit, should it come to that.

You can find all of your State S.O.L.'s beginning at:
Mich. Comp. Laws § 600.5801 et. seq.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">