• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip n fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sid

hi , i slipped n fell an broke both bones in my leg at my home in pa,i own the mobilehome,but rent the lot,an when i bot the home the dealer set it up including the steps,when this accident happened i stepped from my porch,beings how i stepped from my porch can i still hold the property owner liable,i have lots of evidence of neglect,the uneven ground is wat made me fall ,would stepping from my porch make me liable because i own the mobilehome.thank you

racer72

If the property owner had nothing to do with the installation of the steps, he can not be held liable. If you read your rental or lease agreement, I am positive that there is a disclaimer stating that the property owner can not be held at fault for any damage or injuries resulting from the installation of the mobile home or anything not specifically owned by the lot owner. It would be up to you to maintain your home in a manner that would make it safe for you and your visitors. The steps would be considered as part of the home. And if you felt that there was an unsafe condition, did you contact the lot owner to fix the problem? Given what you state in your post, I would say that you are the one responsible.

sid

slip nfall

i am responding to the reply,there was never a lease between me an the landlord,an the steps were like brand new,i had stepped from the porch an because of the conditions of the ground is why i fell,it had nothing to do with the porch,with this new info,can my landlord be held liable,thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">