• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slipped during processing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sadwing

I live in Virginia. I was charged with a DUI and during precessing I slipped and fell on city police property. During the night in jail I asked to see a Dr. and was denied until morning the next day. I then was seen by the Dr. and he said there was nothing wrong with me. The day after I was released I went the the Hospital and x-rays came back negative, for the next 4 weeks I had extreme pain on my left side in the rib area. I then noticed a knot where the pain is, I then went back to the Hospital. Come to find out a rib was fractured. Do I have any recourse against the police and/or plea bargining power to get the charge reduced? thanks much.:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sadwing said:
I live in Virginia. I was charged with a DUI and during precessing I slipped and fell on city police property. During the night in jail I asked to see a Dr. and was denied until morning the next day. I then was seen by the Dr. and he said there was nothing wrong with me. The day after I was released I went the the Hospital and x-rays came back negative, for the next 4 weeks I had extreme pain on my left side in the rib area. I then noticed a knot where the pain is, I then went back to the Hospital. Come to find out a rib was fractured. Do I have any recourse against the police and/or plea bargining power to get the charge reduced? thanks much.:confused:
My response:

No.

IAAL

P

PaulE

Did you maybe fall because you were intoxicated. The police did provide you with medical treatment, although it may have been delayed according to you. You also sought out other medical advice after leaving jail and was told the same thing. As far as having charges reduced, the answer would be no. Your injury has nothing to do with your charge. As far as liability, the police provided you medical care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">