• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slow speed accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MisterB

Ok, i live in california, and i was involved in a slow speed accident on the freeway. We were doing about 45 when the car in front of us hit the back of a stopped car. I slammed on my brakes and swerved on to the shoulder to avoid the car, but it slid sideways and blocked both the shoulder and the lane i was in. I hit the cars side at an angle at about 15 mph and came to a stop. My airbags did not deploy, and i had 2 passengers in the vehicle. Both passengers went to the hospital for minor neck pains, and the ER doctor took X-rays and said that they did not have whiplash, but since they tensed up, they had minor hypertension in their neck muscles.
The passenger in the back of my car is now complaining that she has whiplash and says that she needs a neck brace. But i saw her 2 days later bending her neck all the way back to take a pill, and my friend saw her at school, and she WAS NOT wearing her neck brace. I recieved a letter in the mail today stating that she has a lawyer. Also, the only damage done to my car was a broken bumper cover, a broken head light, and a bent fender. And my car drove perfectly straight.
Now if i present all of this evidence, will she still have a case against me?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, my other passenger was perfectly fine 2 days later.

HomeGuru

MisterB said:
Ok, i live in california, and i was involved in a slow speed accident on the freeway. We were doing about 45 when the car in front of us hit the back of a stopped car. I slammed on my brakes and swerved on to the shoulder to avoid the car, but it slid sideways and blocked both the shoulder and the lane i was in. I hit the cars side at an angle at about 15 mph and came to a stop. My airbags did not deploy, and i had 2 passengers in the vehicle. Both passengers went to the hospital for minor neck pains, and the ER doctor took X-rays and said that they did not have whiplash, but since they tensed up, they had minor hypertension in their neck muscles.
The passenger in the back of my car is now complaining that she has whiplash and says that she needs a neck brace. But i saw her 2 days later bending her neck all the way back to take a pill, and my friend saw her at school, and she WAS NOT wearing her neck brace. I recieved a letter in the mail today stating that she has a lawyer. Also, the only damage done to my car was a broken bumper cover, a broken head light, and a bent fender. And my car drove perfectly straight.
Now if i present all of this evidence, will she still have a case against me?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, my other passenger was perfectly fine 2 days later.

**A: yes, she could still have a case. Now what did your insurance agent have to say about the accident and the claim of injury? You did talk to your insurance agent, right?

M

MisterB

Yes, i did talk to my insurance agent, and they are getting back to me about the injury part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">