• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Settlements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

notfair

I live in MO and was in an accident in 1998. The other driver was at-fault, and her insurance company paid a damage claim but refused to pay a claim on the medical. They stated they doubted the injuries were caused by the accident. I know they were caused by the accident -- but in the course of the treatment, the Doctor found a congenital defect and was worried how that defect would interact with the injuries in the accident. The auto-accident injury symptoms included a sore back and neck. The Doctor ordered an MRI and it showed the congential defect but confirmed there was no interaction (sigh of releif) -- except I think the other driver's insurance is using this as an excuse not to settle. I have the other driver's SSN# and believe that she was a minor when the accident happened. The small claims office of the court says most people petition the insured directly, instead of the insurance company. If this is so, will I still file against the parent, even though she is probably 18 or older now -- and if so, how to I go about gathering the information on her parents, based on her SSN#?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">